Leaders as Coaches
This practical workshop provides the tools and skills you need to adopt a coaching mindset and develop people and performance through one to one coaching.
It will help you avoid the common pitfalls and offers simple tools that enable you to take a coaching approach to the wide range of conversations you have in the course of your day, week or year. It also caters for the difficult end of the continuum where you need to ask people to do things differently. Take away a 5 step tool for difficult conversations and some great tips for how to step up to performance improvement conversations in ways that maintain or even enhance people’s self esteem.
This course covers:
The Coaching Mindset
- Learn to think and act like a natural coach
- Coaching leadership and creating cultures of accountability
- Coaching defined
- How to avoid the 8 common pitfalls
- A 4 step tool for coaching conversations
- Listening for the heart of the matter
- Questions not answers
- The power of positive feedback
Dealing with performance gaps
- Performance gaps and what to do about them
- Tools for feedback conversations
- A 5 step tool for performance improvement conversations
- Dealing with difficult personalities, situations or conversations
Follow up articles and work based tasks will keep coaching in front of mind as you try things out on the job. The Leaders as Coaches booklet will provide a valuable resource for ongoing reference.
Public Course & Event Payment Terms
An invoice will be sent when you register for any course or event. All fees must be paid in full to attend.
A 2.5% surcharge applies for payment by credit card.