Senior Leadership Coach
Richard comes to professional mentoring and coaching from 30 years experience in all aspects of financial services, including wealth management, private banking, funds management and investment banking. Richard has also been involved with entrepreneurial start-ups and managing complex multi-jurisdictional businesses - all operating in highly regulated environments.
- Chief Executive, BDO New Zealand (interim role)
- Chief Executive, BDO Investment Management (UK)
- Partner, BDO LLP (UK)
- Chief Executive, Ansbacher Group (UK)
- Chief Executive, FirstRand International (UK)
- Chief Operating Officer, RMB Asset Management (SA)
- Executive Director, RMB Australia (Au)
- General Manager, Rand Merchant Bank (SA)
Clients are increasingly focused on trying to figure out their fundamental purpose – questions such as “Am I realising my full potential?”; “Am I making best use of all my talents?” “Why do I come to work every day”; “Why are clients loyal to us/our brand?”; etc. are all too common. This has made me reflect on my own purpose – in a nutshell, I help clients develop the courage to pursue their ambitions and change lives by fulfilling their true potential. The value I add comes through the practical application and combination of my commercial, executive, international and coaching experiences.
My passion for coaching combined with my business experience provides a sound theoretical and practical approach to my coaching engagements. Since relocating to New Zealand in 2011 I gained accreditation as a certified coach through the International Coaching Community.
My work is typically with existing or aspiring leaders who have an identified development need, been recently promoted, taken on new or different responsibilities, or are contemplating career changes. My experience is that one-to-one coaching always results in sustainable behavioural change and helps clients achieve congruence between their personal and business objectives.
My work with leadership teams, whose performance is dependent on successfully combining different skills, experiences and personalities, is informed by my commercial experience and the knowledge that organisations prosper when they are led by high-performing teams.
- International Certified Coach, International Coaching Community
- International Certified Team Coach, International Coaching Community
- Member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand